Thursday, October 26, 2006

What's The Difference?

Hi there, how are you? Well, I hope. I'm finding myself a bit reflective today, perhaps it's the turn of the season to Fall (which I love), or any number of other things that makes my mind ponder this and that. Regardless, I find myself thinking about all the years I have invested in my faith in God. In particular, Jesus Christ...yes, I am a christian. Maybe you share that belief, and if you don't I'd love to have coffee with you and discuss it, but it's not imparitive to this blog.

No, my thinking is more along the lines of what difference does faith make in your life? Or is it merely another component of your personality, like being a Leo or Virgo. Does it change your life or do you still struggle with the same issues as those who have no faith? I've heard christians say that of course we still struggle with the same issues, but our reward is in heaven when we die. And while I believe eternity in the presence of God will certainly be rewarding, I happen to know that this life should be different as well. Jesus said so.

He said things like, "I have overcome this world." "I have come that you may have abudant life." And, "the kingdom of God is at hand." My take on those and other statements isn't a future tense, but a present reality. One that makes each day here different. I'm challenging you today to examine your faith, does it make a difference in your life? Really? Does it make a difference in others' lives?

While you're pondering that, check out this article written by a friend of mine called "What's a Christian". It tells of some great differences that his faith has made. I pray today that your faith becomes something that literally changes your life. Change - like different than before. Oh yeah, and a great way to know if does or not is to ask someone who knows you, of course you have to be willing to listen. Here's to different days ahead......

Peace......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home