Monday, October 09, 2006

Discovery


In honor of Columbus Day, I submit the following:

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it..." That's the opening sentence of Psalm 24 in the Bible and I happen to believe it. I don't always live like I believe it, but it's true. I mean, most days I'm ticked at the government or gas prices for taking more of MY money. I have thoughts about MY home, MY kids, MY job, etc. I could add infinitely to this list, but I'll save you the pain, I'm sure you have your own. The truth is, I don't have anything.

I found myself at a conference in Atlanta last week where the first speaker on the first day reminded me of this fact with his very first sentence. And I knew that's what God had sent me there to hear. Oh sure, I heard plenty more, and it was all good; but that was the word for me. Not a new discovery for me, but certainly a reminder.

Perhaps though, it's a new discovery for you. Do you find yourself in knots or stressing over the things and people of this world encroaching on YOUR time, YOUR money, YOUR rights, etc.? "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it..." That one sentence alone is freeing for me this morning. This life I find myself living isn't even mine, it belongs to God Almighty, I just get to enjoy it. I believe I'll thank Him for it and enjoy it a little more.


Peace......Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home