Monday, September 25, 2006

Are You One?


Alright, it's confession time. I need to confess something that I discovered about myself over the weekend. Not something I didn't know about myself, but I must admit the exact ramifications weren't on my radar screen. Here goes:

This blog, and other newsletters before it, along with devotions and snippets I have written over the years are born from my mind as I ponder those things that catch my interest. The "what ifs" and suppostions fill my head until I must share my thoughts with the world. Not that I believe I know more or think more, on the contrary, I believe there are other thoughts held by dear folks like you that I'm simply trying to evoke and hear from. Just one thinker sharing with others. That's the part I knew.

This past week as I shared the company of friends and a not-so-serious game of Scrabble, I layed the tiles W-E-E-N to form the word ween. I was immediately challenged by the resident "spelling police" saying I was wrong; apparently, this particular "officer" only knew of wean. Now I must admit that I wasn't completely sure of the word I played, but thought I had seen it before. However, without a dictionary at hand, and the fact that I valued the company more than my need to be right, I removed the tiles from the board and continued on. What followed was an evening of laughter and fun with many more challenged words by all. I did not not win for those of you keeping score.

A couple of days later, one of the more competitive members of that group decided to check those words that were disputed in that game, which I find odd because they had actually won. Anyway, my word ween was valid. Check it here at dictionary.com. I don't want to spoil your fun, so you'll have to click the link to find the meaning.

Now for the part of the confession I did not know: I am one who weens. A weener if you will. Imagine my surprise. Perhaps you're one too.


Peace......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home