Thursday, October 19, 2006

Change......Again!?!


Can you feel it? The chill in the air, the leaves of the trees beginning to change color, major league baseball entering the playoffs and Halloween right around the corner? Fall is here, and I for one love it. It happens to be my favorite time of year. I associate many of my fondest memories with Fall, with the best being marrying my wife some 19 years ago.

But the point of this blog isn't about me or my fond memories, not even Fall. No, it's about the endless rhythm of change in our lives. The changing of seasons is simply another reminder that this rhythm of change is constant. I guess knowing that leaves me perplexed as to why the majority of people don't embrace change. Something I read recently said that nearly 80% of us either view change with caution or reject it completely. Why would we do that when it's obvious that it's occurring everywhere all the time?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this life is about change. The figure above leaves me with a feeling that nearly 80% of us are missing out on great things coming or at least arriving late to the party. I encourage you to CHANGE your viewpoint. Join in the rhythm and dance! Enjoy the ripples in your life that require you to adapt, learn and grow. And perhaps when we find ourselves at the end of our time we would find ourselves weary from the dance instead of the daily grind.


Peace......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home