Thursday, January 10, 2008

Winds Of Change


Greetings all! Thank you so much for stopping by this corner of the internet, I’m always amazed at how far this little blog reaches in terms of geography. It’s really the coolest thing that I’m able to share some thoughts with not only the number of you who read, but in the states and even countries you connect from. The only time it gets better is when you connect and comment, and then it’s truly a global conversation.

Today's post has the same title a weekly newsletter I used to publish years ago did. I'd like to share with you some of the latest news in my world, because it seems the winds are picking up around here. Just this week, my pastor (senior pastor of our church) announced that he will be stepping down so that he and his wife can begin a new adventure ministering to others in ministry. It’s a very cool outfit called Sonscape, and the work they do is awesome, I encourage you to check them out for anyone you may know in ministry. In my opinion, part of the excitement for them is that my pastor’s wife can now truly step into a role that will allow her to use her gifts in a more pronounced way working with him. The role of a pastors wife is not one many women I know are lining up for.

So this hits me on a couple different levels. On a personal, selfish level I feel apprehension and fear of the certain change it will bring both professionally and personally. Questions like “Will the new pastor and me see eye to eye on worship?” A perfectly normal question since I’m the Worship Pastor, right? Will this new pastor have the vision and leadership that my family and I crave in a spiritual leader? A question we should all ask of those we allow to lead us spiritually. And the questions go on and on, but ultimately there is no answer to them for me now. In addition, my pastor is my friend. He and his family will be sorely missed for sure. You may have heard the saying, “I don’t know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.” (The “Who” being God Himself) In times like these, He is the only sure thing, and I need to stay close.

On a more philosophical level, which I tend to air out here in this forum; I’m excited, not just for them, but for those of us on staff and our church members. If you’ve read any of my posts, most of them contain a thread of how change really is the only constant of this life. And this is big change for my life - God is on the move! I’m sure it will bring new challenges that will require effort on my part to manage and overcome, and certainly an abundance of faith; but those are things that make me feel alive and connected to the One who gave me breath. And I know that challenges cause me to grow as well, something I need – growth that is. Let’s face it, many of us complain about the routine of our lives, we get bored with the same old, same old…. I won’t have that dilemma in the months to come! don't get me wrong, if I had a choice - this change wouldn't be happening - but I don't have that choice, so......

What about you? How do you view change? Do challenges excite you or make you cringe? I’d love to hear any words of wisdom….I may be needing lots of them. God’s grace to you and yours.


Peace……

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Vince said...

Change, Change, Change - it never stops does it. The wife and I are considering changing churches after many years, our current church has lost all it's appeal and we have basically stopped attending simply because we are not driven to be there, but that change come at a high price. It means moving away from friendships that have developed there. I thought there would be more reasons to stay but honestly I can't think of any. We have been attending off and on at a church that we really like but there are no kids there that are our daughters age, so that has to fall in the decison. I'm not sure what we are going to do, I just know we have to do something.
On the other hand the X-ALT! ministry is moving forward, we're getting ready for the new CD to be recorded, but I'm really missing my weekly helping of the Word. I need it!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home