Thursday, December 13, 2007

Processing


Good day friends. Please forgive today’s post for it’s utter selfishness, but I just need to process this stuff and blogging it helps.

So a friend calls me this morning and shares with me that someone we both know and love has passed away overnight, and in the wake of the phone call I’m left with an overwhelming sense of sadness. You may think that’s perfectly normal, and I guess it is, but I’m sad for me and for you.

After I prayed for my friend and we hung up the phone, all the plans of my day, of which there were many, seemed so insignificant; and yet when I left my house (before the phone call) they were so important. And if I’m honest, every day of my life is like that – filled with activity that ultimately is trivial.

May I remind you that my life’s work is sharing the hope and power of One who I believe gives us eternal life, and I regularly share that hope and comfort in funerals and memorial services so death is a known reality for me. It’s never been something I’ve feared or didn’t want to think about it, it’s a reality I’m okay with. But today, for whatever reason - in light of this particular death, it’s our lives that are saddening me.

I could go on and on, but I guess what I’m needing to say today is that life is temporary. I need to evaluate every moment and be very intentional about how I’m spending it. My stuff will get done today I’m sure, but if for some reason it doesn’t, I don’t’ think it will bother me so much……not today.

I pray for you reading this that each moment of your life is filled with unbelievable joy, unshakable peace, and deep abiding love. His name is Jesus.


Peace……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home