Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Important Stuff

Here I am, in West Texas, middle America; it's before 8am and all across the television airwaves there is a live broadcast announcing the nominees for the Academy Awards. You know the little golden "Oscar" trophy....

And I ask myself, "Is this the best we can do?" Unfortunately, those who pull the strings about those things think so. And that's precisely why America has the reputation it does around the world. People around the world are dying in wars, dying because they're hungry, dying of exposure because they have no homes, disease for lack of medicine, and the list goes on and on.

That which occupies the airwaves this morning makes me ashamed, and yet I am just as guilty on a personal level. I tend to get more worked up about my "stuff" than the list I just mentioned, and for that I'm sorry. God, break my heart for the things that break Your heart...the important stuff.


Peace......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home