Thursday, April 26, 2007

Would You Share?


Greetings to you today, I hope this finds you well. What a couple of weeks it’s been since I last blogged. Tragedy at Virginia Tech, storms that have impacted lives across the country including my own brother’s neighborhood in Flower Mound, Texas; all in contrast to the peaceful and much needed getaway I had last weekend that left me feeling rested and re-invigorated.

I just deleted three paragraphs of type that I began to write this morning when I was struck with this thought: What are you thinking?

If you’re a regular to this blog, you know that it’s my stream of consciousness that I share, warts and all, hoping to elicit your thoughts on any given subject. But as I typed today, I was more compelled with what may be on your mind than what was on mine. Remember, presently I am rested and re-invigorated (no axe to grind, nothing bugging me, etc.), I’m sure that will change, but for now……

So, do you dare share what’s on your mind? Yes, I really want to know. It doesn’t have to be philosophical or even important (who decides that anyway?), just share. I don’t mind using this space to create dialogue; it’s really the intended goal to begin with. But today instead of prompting you with my thoughts, I want to turn the tables – prompt me with yours.

This could be fun……if your dare share.


Peace……

4 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is the best way to respond or not. However, while I'm not rested, I am invigorated after Roger and I got to spend time with our granddaughter this past weekend. Neither of us can speak of her without a smile. I thank God for this precious life he gave us. Being with her is surely one of the things heaven will have in store for us.

So this is a happy day - we are both full of happy memories and keep saying "do you remember....?"

Peace to you,
Linda

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Tom said...

I posted a reply that I had gotten above, and hope that's okay with it's sender.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they are beautiful. Indeed, the spirit of a child is like a kiss from God. Thankfully, they are pure in heart and a great remeinder of what was intended for all of us. As adults, it would do us good to spend time in the company of children for that very reason.

Peter Pan had it right when he said he didn't want to grow up. While I find my adult body useful (most of the time), my adult mind and spirit often fail me when it comes to the important things in life: faith, hope and love. I lose them too often.

Funny, I think Jesus said something about "becoming like a child" as well......

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Tom, I would love to say that I'm rested but I'm not. It's been a wild few weeks, both good and bad. I'm stressing Teenager and father stuff. We got the news that we knew was coming that my son will not be graduating High School. No matter what the wife and I have tried, or what the shohol has done has been able to motavate him. He basically gave up. As partents this is killing us because he is a very smart kid, he just seems to insist on making bad decisions. I could go on but ...
Anyway on the good side, the band "X-ALT!" is going like gangbusters, along with the church services we do we have been featured performers at two recent American Cancer Society Benifits and will be doing a large festival this weekend, we feel really blessed that we are able to take God's message out to the people.
So I guess I'm asking for prayers for both, but especially for the boy, he's set himself on a hard path and nobody seems to be able to get him to understand it.
And if I have not mentioned it lately, we miss you! You guy should really make the trip back to Nashville soon.
Hug the wife and kiss the kids for me,
Vince

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Tom said...

I'm sorry to hear that your teenager is making choices that will make things harder for him in the long run. Perspective is everything and unfortunately, his is a bit skewed right now. You know I will be praying for you and him, and you never know who you might run in to in Nashville!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home