Thursday, July 06, 2006

Abundant Life


I ran across this quote last week, not sure who's it is:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

I think I agree. Much like the puppy in the picture here, I'd like to find myself at the end of my life simply overwhelmed with all it had to offer. Without regret because I at least attempted to embrace all of it.

Not to sound morbid, but the only guarantee we have in this life is the end of it - death. Far too many people IMHO (in my humble opinion) spend much of their life in worry about their death. That puzzles me. My days of indulgence and excess are behind me, but I'm always up for something new. In fact, lately I find myself wanting to do things I've never done, go places I haven't been, meet new people, etc. And the more I do of that, the more I feel my life is full, abundant if you will.

I use that word because someone I trust very much said that my life should be abundant. My friend Jesus said that's what I'm supposed to be experiencing here, it's mine for the taking, so I stepped up to get it. Now He didn't promise a life without trouble, He said there would be plenty, and He's been right. But He also said that He would always be with me (He has) and that my life can be full (and it is). That's why I trust Him, the stuff He's told me are things I can count on.

I hope you have a trustworthy friend. I hope your life feels full and abundant. I hope you find yourself saying "WOW! What a ride!" someday.

Peace........

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I've seen everyone from Robert Fulghum and Hunter S. Thompson credited for that quote. I'd like to think that Mike Yaconelli said it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home